Abebaw was born in merkato. He has four brothers and two sisters. His parents are divorced and his mother made a living by begging on the streets with her children. When Abebaw got a little older he started selling chewing gum in a very small shoe box with his siblings. While doing this, one day, he was run over by a car and the driver speeded up without stopping to check if he was ok. Luckily, Abebaw had an injury on his foot. So Mikiyas who is a General Manager at Hold My Hand saw all this incident and decided that he should get medication immediately and stay at the children’s house until he gets a full recovery. After getting a recovery, Abebaw’s mother requested if Hold My Hand could take Abebaw and his younger brother, Endalkachew, to support them in their education, until she finds a means to get an income to raise all her kids.
Now, Abebaw’s mother is taking care of her other kids at home and she also visits her two sons. Both her sons are happy and attending school well at Hold My Hand.
Get to know Abebaw
- What is your favorite subject in school and why?
English, because I like speaking in English
- What do you wish to be when you grow up?
Soccer player or a Doctor. Playing soccer makes me happy when I play it.
I also want to be a doctor to help my mom when I grow up
- What is your favorite thing to do in your free time?
- What is your favorite food?
Pasta, Rice, Noodle
- Who is your role model? Who do you wish to be like and why?
I want to be like Christiano Ronaldo. And this is because he is one of the best soccer players.
- Favorite thing to watch on TV?
- If you could be any animal what would it be and why?
A lion because he is the king of the jungle and a Cheetah, because he very fast.
- What is your favorite color?
Green, Yellow, Red
- What is your favorite song?
Liwegagn telat kebogn (Yosef Kassa)
- If you had all the power in the world to do whatever you wanted for 12 hours, what would you do?
I would to help people with disabilities as many as possible.
- If you could give advice to other street children your age, what would you say to them?
I would tell them about Jesus.