Endalkachew was born and raised in Addis Ababa with his six siblings. He used to sell chewing gum with his older brother to help their mom. Endalkachew joined Hold My Hand along with his brother, when His brother Abebaw came for care after his accident.
Endalkachew is now under the support and care of Hold My hand in his educational, material and other needs. He is happy with living with the other children at Hold My hand and is motivated to go to school and learn. His mother visits him and his brother Abebaw. She is also happy with her boy’s current status; that they no longer have to endanger their lives on the streets by selling chewing gum, at a very young age. Therefore, Endalkachew will continue under the care of Hold My hand, until his mother is able to get an income which can sustain her and her children’s basic needs.
Get to know Endalkachew
- What is your favorite subject in school and why?
Amharic, because it is easy to speak
- What do you wish to be when you grow up?
I want to be a pilot, because I like planes.
- What is your favorite thing to do in your free time?
- What is your favorite food?
Pasta, Macaroni, Noodle
- Who is your role model? Who do you wish to be like and why?
I want to be like the famous soccer players because they are good in playing soccer.
- Favorite thing to watch on TV?
Clip songs and animation movies
- If you could be any animal what would it be and why?
Tiger, because he looks nice.
- What is your favorite color?
- What is your favorite song?
Bimolam degmo baymolam ( Betelhem)
- If you had all the power in the world to do whatever you wanted for 12 hours, what would you do?
I would want to be rich and help poor people.
- If you could give advice to other street children your age, what would you say to them?
I would tell them to go to school and not to steal from people.